Sometimes I just want to ramble. I just want to write way too much, and not have people on Facebook think I’m insane. So, I’ve saved up a few of my really random thoughts to share with you guys all at once. You’re all so lucky ;)
1) I don’t understand how the casting people for TV shows & movies can get very small children to remember their lines. The other night I randomly thought about the early days of Full House, and once I stopped thinking about how hot John Stamos was, I started thinking about how they got Mary-Kate and Ashley to memorize their lines. I mean, I know they weren’t reciting Shakespeare or anything, but still.
2) Does anyone know why the wolf’s genitalia is so prominent in the original Broadway version of Into the Woods? It completely overshadows Robert Westenberg’s performance, because once you notice the genitalia, that is ALL you can pay attention to.
3) Crock-pots are supposed to make life easier, right? So why do people use crock-pots to make things more complicated than they need to be. I was browsing Pinterest the other day and saw a recipe for crock-pot cranberry sauce. I had two problems with this. The first was that the recipe called for WAY too much sugar (3/4 cup of sugar & 3/4 cup of orange marmalade). Second, it took over three hours in a crock-pot. THREE HOURS. You guys want to know an easy way to make cranberry sauce? Sugar, water, cranberries. Bring water & sugar to a boil, add cranberries. Let cook for ten minutes. Cool. Serve. BAM. 15 minute cranberry sauce. I know on Thanksgiving you probably have about 10 things going at once, but the best thing about cranberry sauce: you can make it a few days in advance and store it in the fridge. Please stop making things more complicated than they need to be! People’s usage of crock-pots irritate me in general. If you’re making chili or soup, or something that needs to simmer safely all day, fine. But cranberry sauce? Steaks and potatoes? A cake? Give me a break.
4) I don’t understand the cost of plane tickets. A couple of weeks ago, when Beverly was killed, I really wanted to go to Arkansas and be with my Crye-Leike family. I’m sure it was pretty depressing, but it was also really depressing here. I was incredibly sad & heartbroken, and mourning alone. Everyone else was going about their day to day lives like nothing was wrong, when in my world something was seriously wrong. Anyways. Plane tickets. It’s a 16 hour drive from VA to Little Rock, so I looked at plane tickets. $1,000. Are. You. Freaking. Kidding. Me. Granted, it was last minute, but still! I remember when G and I were doing the long distance thing. To fly from Charlotte to Little Rock it was $700. To fly from Greensboro (about an hour and a half away) it was $200. But the flight had a layover in Charlotte! So, every time I went to Arkansas, mom would drive me to Greensboro, and I would be back in Charlotte before she was. So, obviously I didn’t make it back to Arkansas for the funeral. But a couple of nights ago, I was on Pinterest and saw stunning pictures of Alberta, Canada. So, I decided I HAD to go to Canada. For the heck of it, I looked up plane tickets. $400! To go to the western part of Canada. My mind was just blown.
5) My mind is blown as to who would buy this doll. I mean, REALLY? Ew. Just ew. Not to mention that face is insanely creepy. I get that little girls like playing mommy with their dolls, and poop is something that happens with real babies, but I’m pretty sure you’d never name jewelry out of anything that comes out of a real baby…