I love pasta dinners, and this one was a quick and easy weeknight dinner. It was really delicious, and really simple to make.
Chicken Pesto Pasta
(Recipe adapted from this one.)
- 1 lb. of farfalle pasta
- 1 jar of sundried tomatoes, drained (reserve 2 Tbsp. oil)
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into thirds
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup pesto
- freshly-grated Parmesan
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, and cook according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat the reserved oil from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the asparagus and bell pepper and sprinkle salt & pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Then add in the sun-dried tomatoes, and continue cooking for another 4-5 minutes, or until veggies are tender and remove from heat.
- When pasta is done, drain and add in the asparagus/tomatoes, pesto, chicken, arugula, and pesto, and toss until well-combined. Sprinkle with the cheese.