(Recipe adapted from Kraft Food & Family Magazine)
- 1 small onion; finely diced
- 1 bell pepper; finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic; minced
- 1 T. of olive oil
- 1 lb. of extra lean ground beef
- 1 box of Stove Top stuffing mix
- 1 cup of water
- Marinara sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat oil over medium heat. Saute onions & peppers until tender (about 5 minutes). Add the garlic & cook until fragrant (an additional 2-3 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees & spray a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Mix cooked veggies, ground beef, water & stuffing mix together (it is absolutely and completely recommended that you use your CLEAN hands for this part).
- Portion out meat mixture into the cavities of the muffin pan.
- Using a spoon (or your thumbs) to make an indention in each meatloaf. Fill each indention with marinara sauce.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top each meatloaf with enough cheese to cover the sauce, and bake for five more minutes or until the cheese is melted.
This makes six servings. According to the original magazine clipping, one serving is two little meatloaves.