I recently bought a subscription to Taste of Home magazine for a GREAT price ($3.99 for a whole year!) and between the magazine, the hardback books I bought for $5 a piece over the summer and the website, I’ve been introduced to TONS of easy, weeknight recipes.
This is one of the easiest recipes ever. And so easily adapted to making it for two or making it for ten. There are a few changes I’ll make for next time (like spooning some of the sauce in the bottom of the baking dish), but this was really tasty as it was.
Pizza Chicken Roll-Ups
(Recipe adapted from Taste of Home)
- 2 chicken breasts***
- 8 slices of pepperoni
- 4-5 slices of mozzarella cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a baking sheet; set aside.
- Flatten each chicken breast between two pieces of parchment paper. These need to be about 1/4″ thick.
- Place a slice (or a slice & a half) of mozzarella on each piece of chicken.
- Top with 4 slices of pepperoni.
- Roll each piece of chicken up tightly and secure with a toothpick.
- Spoon pizza sauce over each roll, cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, top each roll with another piece of cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Remove the toothpick and serve. I served mine with AMAZING roasted broccoli and mashed potatoes. This was an awesome meal!
***We buy our chicken in huge packs from the commissary or Sam’s, and the breasts are ridiculously huge (portion sizes is the main reason this country is obese, in my opinion), so I always butterfly them (just cutting all the way through) and get two smaller breasts out of each one.