… aka the second best pizza I’ve ever had. And Graham’s reaction (in between moans): “Effing amazing.”
This recipe is adapted from this one I found over at Annie’s Eats. And it was SO good. I mean really. So. Freaking. Good. I added more stuff to this, because I really like my pizzas to have a lot of toppings. The only time you’ll ever find me eating a plain cheese pizza is if it’s all that is available. You’ve probably noticed that I love strong flavors, so I added feta and kalamata olives to this, and it was absolutely perfect. I can’t wait to dig in to the leftovers.
Chicken Pesto Pizza
(Recipe adapted from this one.)
- 1 ball of Pizza dough (I love the Pioneer Woman’s recipe)
- 1 cup of Pesto (I like this one from Williams-Sonoma)
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes; pulp removed and chopped
- 1/2 cup of feta (goat cheese would be delicious too!)
- 8-10 kalamata olives; chopped
- 3 chicken tenders; grilled & chopped into bite size pieces
- 1.5 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
|All of the pretty topping before adding the mozzarella.|
- Preheat oven to 500
- Roll out pizza dough on your baking sheet/pizza stone.
- Spread pesto over the dough, leaving about 1/2″ to a 1″ border.
- Sprinkle on the feta, the chopped olives, tomatoes and chicken.
- Cover the whole thing with the shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let sit for a minute before slicing it.