I didn’t like this recipe at all. Maybe it’s because I made one big one instead of 4 smaller ones, but it was a soggy mess. Besides that, the flavor was not very good, it had to cook about 15 minutes longer than the recipe said, and the top was getting too brown while the inside was still basically wet bread.
I don’t plan on making this recipe again…
French Toast Souffle
(Recipe from this one.)
- 1 small loaf of french bread, cut into 1 inch cubes (5 cups)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup of half & half
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Powdered sugar for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half & half, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Add bread cubes and toss until all of the cubes are coated. Pour into souffle dish.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bake at 375 degrees for 45-50 minutes larger souffle.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve.