I know January, 40 degree temperatures & grilling do not exactly go together. Neither do chili & 104 degree temperatures for that matter. Oh well. I don’t care. I’m not the kind of person who deprives herself of a favorite meal just because it isn’t in season.
These kebabs were simple to put together and so, so delicious.
Grilled Chicken Kebabs
- 2 lbs. of uncooked chicken tenders
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 8 oz. package of baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 red onion
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 package of McCormick Garlic Herb & Wine Marinade
- Make the marinade according to package directions
- Chop all ingredients into one inch pieces.
- Toss into a gallon sized ziploc bag and pour the marinade over the chicken & vegetables. Seal the bag & refrigerate over night.
- When you’re ready to make these, dump everything into a strainer to remove the excess marinade & then dump onto a large cutting board. (I’m somewhat OCD and sorted everything into groups before I started skewering.
- Begin skewering the chicken & vegetables beginning & ending with a piece of chicken.
- Lightly oil the grill grates and cook on a medium-high heat for about 12-15 minutes.
Serve with brown rice cooked in chicken stock and devour. This makes either 4-6 servings, depending on how many skewers you serve. I recommend 2-3 per person.
|Veggies sorted & ready to skewer.
|Ready for the grill.
|Perfect light & healthy dinner.