A few weeks ago, I had the most epic wrap ever for lunch. It was amazing. All of my favorite things (tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, feta & hummus rolled up with some leave sandwich meat and served alongside a carb and a pile of fresh fruit.
I could eat this everyday. I kind of did actually.
And now I’m on the kick again, so I thought I’d share the details of it this time.
- 1 Flatout Wrap*
- 2 slices of deli meat (I go to the deli counter to get my meat, and have them slice it “sandwich thickness)
- Lettuce/spinach/whatever (I used two slices of bibb lettuce in this wrap)
- A few slices of tomato
- A few slices of cucumber
- Chopped olives
- 2 T. of hummus
- A sprinkle of feta
- Spread the hummus over one side of the wrap.
- Add the meat (I like to cover the entire wrap with the sliced meat), then cover the meat with the lettuce.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumber, olives & feta.
- Roll tightly, slice in half and serve.
* You obviously don’t have to use a Flatout wrap, any should work fine. But these wraps are AWESOME.
- They’re HUGE. You can kind of see from the ingredients photo how big it is. It’s bigger than the largest size Mission brand tortilla, which is what I used to use.
- The large, carb balance Mission tortilla is 210 calories. Even the low calorie one is 180 calories. The Flatout Light Original wrap is 90 calories. 90. And the carb count is nearly the same as the much higher calorie, low carb Mission tortilla.