Several months ago, I made this huge crock pot breakfast casserole I saw on Iowa Girl Eats. It’s easy, and delicious. But it makes a ton (12 servings), so I always end up throwing some of it out. Since I’m unemployed these days, I wanted a similar breakfast, but in a single serving size.
This worked out perfectly, and was ready by the time I had finished my shower. And what I love most about these, is that you can customize them to each individual. I’ve made them so far with sausage, ham, veggies, the possibilities are endless!
Individual Breakfast Casseroles
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 c. of cooked, crumbled sausage
- 1/2 c. of frozen hashbrowns (I like the O’Brien style with onions & peppers)
- Splash of milk
- 2 T. of shredded cheddar
- Cooking spray
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. Since you’re using frozen potatoes, I like to go ahead and add them to the ramekin and put that in the oven while it preheats & I prepare everything else.
- Beat an egg with a splash of milk & salt and pepper, set aside.
- Cook sausage & drain on a paper towel, set aside.
- The oven should be ready at this point. Remove the ramekin and layer the sausage on top, the cheese, and the egg last.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until egg is cooked through.
This stuff is optional, but AMAZING. It’s a cheese spread found in the deli section. It takes eggs from “meh” to “freaking awesome”!