I’ve been trying to cook some of the original recipes I posted on this blog, and re-photograph them with a higher quality camera.
This one just needed to be photographed, period. I know soup isn’t the easiest thing to take a picture of, but what was I thinking posting a recipe with no picture?
Anyways, this soup is a favorite in my house. It is spicy, hearty and delicious and so easy to make.
Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 2 10 oz cans of Rotel w/ green chili’s
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 1 14.5 oz can of black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 14.5 oz can of corn, drained & rinsed
- 6 cups of chicken stock
- 2 bell peppers; chopped
- 1 onion; chopped
- 1 jalapeno; finely diced
- 1 lb. of chicken; chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 T. chili powder
- 2 T. cumin,
- salt & pepper to taste
- Jalapenos, avocado, sour cream or any toppings you like as a garnish
- Heat oil over medium heat and add peppers & onions. Saute until tender; about 8-10 minutes.
- When peppers & onions are tender, add the stock, tomatoes, corn, black beans & seasonings.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Add chicken and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Top with any toppings you desire.