It’s one of those days where I just feel like rambling.
- I bought a treadmill. Earlier this week, G had a friend help him move it upstairs (FYI: treadmills are HEAVY), and I’ve used it a few times. Logically I know that it takes a very long time to gain 30 lbs, and it’s going to take a long time to lose 30 lbs, but I still wanted to jump on the scale afterwards and see a 5lb. deficit. Luckily the scale is still packed, and I have no idea where it is at the moment. I will say that finding the motivation to get a workout in is much easier with a treadmill in the house. I walked while watching two episodes of Gilmore Girls on the iPad. I would have done three episodes, but I was SO hungry by the end of the second, I decided to call it a night and go make dinner.
- So… Our house doesn’t have as much wall space as the apartment. The living room is around the same size, but the ceilings aren’t as high, so I don’t have enough space for all of my decorative things. The current dilemma is where to put my beloved shelves. Here are my thoughts: We could do two stacks of two over the couch. One stack of two over the old entertainment center & two in our bedroom. Or maybe something else… I LOVE these shelves. They’re probably my favorite project of Graham’s, so selling them (as he suggested), or not putting them up, is not an option.
- I dropped my phone in the toilet two weeks ago (yes, the phone that I bought in June… :-/). I’ve had terrible luck in the iPhone department since moving to Virginia. We moved here in July 2013. That September, I upgraded to the iPhone 5s. A few months later, the iPhone 4 that I was using as an iPod was stolen. Then I break my 5s, and then dropped my 6 in the toilet. My friend Sarah joked that it’s a sign that I should switch to Droid… That will NEVER happen :-p I think it’s a sign that I should be more careful. And get insurance on my phone this time. And I did buy a Lifeproof case… Fingers crossed that this phone will last at least a year. Although now II’m annoyed that I paid $72 for the stupid case through their website, and it’s priced at $55 on Amazon…
- However, I did $3 back with ebates when I bought the new case. And I’ve said it before, but if you do any online shopping and are not losing ebates, you’re insane. My earnings for this quarter are $61.81. That’s $61.81 cash back for stuff that I was going to buy anyways. The treadmill I bought? Bought it online from Sears, and earned $15 cash back. So, SIGN UP FOR EBATES.
- I’m ready for the Super Bowl to be over, so my newsfeeds can stop being APATT (All Panthers All The Time). The Charlotte Observer has been VERY Panthers heavy lately… well, actually all season… However, it is fun to see my city so excited about this. I may not care about football, or the Panthers, but judging from my newsfeeds, no group of fans wants a Super Bowl win as badly as Panthers fans. Especially my husband… I was extra nice this year, and gave him a Luke Kuechly jersey as an early Valentines Day gift.
- I feel like I’m starting to finally get the hang of my Silhouette Cameo. I used the other day to make a gift for a friend. I can’t share the photo of that since I haven’t given it to her yet (I wish I could, because it turned out SO cute…), but I’ll share my Christmas gift wrapping. I was SO happy with how my packages looked this year. I have NO idea how I’m going to top it next year! I joined a Silhouette group on FB, and if you have one of these awesome little machines, I highly recommend this group. Loads of awesome project inspiration, and lots of people to answer your questions.
- And finally, I can’t narrow down a color for my living room built-ins. Pretty much everything in the room is gray, white, or wood toned. So, pretty much any color in the world would work. Surprisingly, I’m leaning towards a color other than blue this time (Sherwin-Williams Framboise). Unfortunately, G isn’t a fan… Whatever I end up choosing, I think any of these colors would look gorgeous as the backdrop for my white built-ins.