A couple of weeks ago, I shared these little chicken salad stuffed tomatoes on my instagram. I’m sharing them on the blog for two reasons: 1) I’m always in need of quick/somewhat healthy lunch ideas so maybe someone else out there is too. 2) I finally found THE spot in our new house for a food photography set up.
It’s funny how the direction of the sun can make such a difference when you’re taking a photo. I was excited about the huge window in our kitchen, until I tried photographing my meals in that space. Yuck… Thankfully there are plenty of windows on the other side of the house. Not big, pretty windows like what what I have in the kitchen, but a window that will get the job done.As for this chicken salad, it could not be easier. I like chicken salad on the simple side. No fruit or nuts. Just some celery for a little bit of crunch, and some olives or pickles for something salty. The dressing is just a mixture of dijon mustard, mayo, lemon juice, and salt & pepper.
Easy Chicken Salad Stuffed Tomatoes
- 1.5 cups of shredded chicken
- 2 T. of mayonnaise
- 1 t. of Dijon mustard
- splash of lemon juice
- 6 chopped green olives
- 1 stalk of celery, finely diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Campari tomatoes (or not… this chicken salad is good on bread, or with crackers as well :))
- Cut a tiny sliver off of the bottom of the tomatoes. This creates a flat bottom, which makes them easier to stuff & serve. Using a paring knife, cut the top off & scoop out the insides. Sprinkle with salt & pepper, and set aside.
- Put the shredded chicken into a large bowl, and set aside. Whisk together the mayo, dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt & pepper. Add to the shredded chicken, along with the chopped olives & diced celery. Mix well.
- Using a small spoon (a soup or cereal spoon in my kitchen), fill each tomato with chicken salad.